Basic Kitchen Appliances
What Makes A Superb Kitchen? The Answers Are Right Here
Are you a chef? Or would you want to get serious about cooking? Then, here is everything you need to have your kitchen in the right shape. Generally, you will need examining the current state of your kitchen and the kitchen equipment. You could be interested in joining a culinary school to up your cooking skills, or you are just excited in prepping or plating proper dishes. In any case, this page will meet your objective. Your kitchen should have the tools used by pros not bargain cookware. It is the right equipment that can be bought in Restaurant supply and that creates a difference in every kitchen, and here is what you need.
• A perfect chef’s knife. To become a master chef, you need a quality set of knives. It is a prerequisite for culinary students and every staff in a professional kitchen. A chef’s knife is what you would therefore not want to miss on your to buy list. You will need to get familiar using a knife of 8 or 10 inches. This knife is usually bigger compared to the ones often used by most home cooks. The benefit of using a larger and a heavier knife is that you allow the knife to do its work at ease. For any aspiring chef, this is a critical lesson.
• A knife honer. After getting a perfect chef’s knife, it is important to ensure that it lasts. First, avoid cutting on glass, metal, porcelain and the likes of frozen solids. Such materials chips and causes damage to the edge of the knife. Secondly, get yourself a honer, and learn how to use it. A honer is used to realign the edge of the blade, and if you really need to be in control of your kitchen hone your knife every time you use it.
• A cutting board. The highly recommended is the OCD Chef Cutting Board. After having a straight sharp chef’s knife, it is time to get down into the cutting business. Even if you want to impress your friends, then a fine dice of onion, celery or carrots should be uniform. To achieve this, use the cutting board etched in measurements.
• A kitchen scale. Professional chefs and bakers recognize that, to have the same results all the time, things should be weighed and not quantified by volume. Through weighing you get the exact measurement to put into your recipe, this is crucial in baking.
• Instant read thermometer. It is not only important to have knowledge of your food internal temperature, but it is also critical to know whenever cooking is done. An instant-read thermometer that can give result in about 5 or 6 seconds is an appropriate one.
• Prep bowls. This is important in ensuring that you have everything in the right place. With this, you are saved from running around gathering and chopping things while the rest is overcooking.
With the right equipment in your kitchen, the experience is outstanding, and the result is brilliant too.